Obtain your residencia, Spain.

A Spanish residency certificate confirms your status as a legal resident in Spain. If you intend to stay in Spain for more than 3 months you are expected to register as a resident. 

If you have lived in Spain legally since before 31st December 2020 the residencia application is submitted at the Oficina de Extranjería of your province.

If you are planning on moving to Spain from the UK from 01st January 2021, you will require the appropriate Visa. We can assist you with this.


Q. Do I need residencia to stay in Spain for more than 90 days in 180 as a UK citizen?

Yes, you do.

Q. If I own a holiday/second home can I stay in Spain for more than 90 days without residencia?

No, unfortunately, the 90/180 day rule will still apply to you. 

Q. I’m a resident in Spain, can I spend more than 90 days in another EU country? 

No, you can’t.

Q. If I’m planning on owning a business in Spain, do I need residencia?

That depends on how much time you plan on spending in Spain. If you plan on being here for more than 3 months, then you will need residencia (or a VISA). 

What Next?

Get in touch with us and we can help with your residencia.